Friday, August 3, 2007

Outstation

Here in Jakarta, mainly to iron out some technical issues with our counterpart over there. Always been to the workshop, so this is the 1st time I went to the office and wow… the boss office is damn big lah. You can have a sofa set in there and lot of spaces to spare. But also aware they will be shifting to another office soon. Though no chance to take a sneak preview of the new office but am sure it will be just as impressive, if not, better:)

The hotel though isn’t exactly super duper good lah, but it has a very trendy look. Hotel may not be in a centralize area but was told the area are patronized by the “ang moh” expatriates so the set up of this place is so different from other parts of the city.

The only no diff with other part of city… is the chaotic traffic condition. Almost everywhere we go, it traffic jams but the way the ppl drive here is so “impressive”. Note that inverted commasJ Under such heavy traffic condition, yet a 2 lane road can squeeze with 3 cars AND more motorcyclists surrounding us. I would imagine if I do drive here, I don’t think I can get any where but stuck in the jams. It a case of who is more brave, who wins the road:p And in the midst of this traffic jam, honking is so normal… to the point where I don’t think anyone bother what you honk for. So kinda appreciate our road condition and ought to learn to be more patient in future:)

1 interesting “fact” of the day here. Apparently, there is no level “4” in most of the buildings here. Normally, they term it level “3A”., cos apparently 4 is a unlucky number.

Will be back today:)

No comments: