Been here for a week liow... somehow already feel kind frustrated of how things works around here. I mean, maybe I am use to work on a slightly faster pace... the reason I was here was a very last min activation and here to oversee some happening vessel. But after two days of frantic flying to and fro from location, and making the arrangement to tow her from Iran.. to date, the vessel have not arrive to Dubai. and wonder what is he impact like for such delay in term of loss time and loss of revenue:(
When people been telling me how damn expensive the apt here are, I only realised the reality now. I have been doing a bit of house hunting recently, since the boat is not around, so do a bit of preparation prior to my deployment over here... So imagine a simple 1B/R apt would cost Dhs 100K/yr, or S$48K. That is like S$4K every month lah. To make things worse... such contract usually last only 2 yrs, cos after that it would go northward, way way north. Just to quote a recent case I heard about, a tenant have to fork out double the rent as compare to what he paid 2yrs ago. The reason he din let go of this current apt is cos elsewhere it even more expensive. So right now, given the limited budget entitlement, guess my initial plan of a 2 B/R apt would have to forgo liow:( But I would insist of the area that I gonna be cos I would not want to stay somewhere too far, as traffic here is terrible. Staying in a wrong place would equate to long hours spend on the road but getting no where and at the same time, toll charges that gonna take a portion of your salary. So it gonna be somewhere near "The Greens" and not over at Bur Dubai:p
Today, me also goes through and gets a feel of the liftstyle here gonna be like. Went to shop over at Carrefour. Some of the daily domestic stuff here is not exactly as expensive as I tot it would be.. but of cos, some of the imported stuff pricing is sky high as compared to those in Sg. So meaning I would have to be more selective with my shopping in future. But a pretty bad experience here, considering friendly service is not a priority here. Not knowing that I need to empty the shopping basket and take the items out for the cashier, I went through a pretty unpleasent situation... Upon arrived at my turn at the cashier, I just stood there waiting for her to proceed with the price scanning. But instead she just sit there starring at me. Not until a feel seconds later that she "command" me to take the item out of the basket. I mean being not used to such attitude, I was kinda stunned.. then she goes again, commanding me once more to get the items out now... and this time with a little bit adjustment of her volume... higher!!! Wah lau... wtf lah. Guess it will take a while for me to get use with lifestyle and culture here, so meantime, ENDURE!!! 3 (or hopefully 2) yrs later and I will just FO from here. Don't think I would like my wifey to join me here liow.
No comments:
Post a Comment