Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Best Briyani in town

Craving for something non curry but with a touch of indian taste, my colleague recommended me to this Indian restaurant for their Briyani... or rather highly recommended. So of cos, I go lah, specifically ordered Chicken Dum Briyani and wow!!! It really one of its kind. Damn good lah!!!
(Side note: Dum = Steam)

Definitely a dish worth returning for more, though not exactly on the cost aspect. I mean a normal briyani I had, cost just 12Dhs, but this one cost almost triples the price, at 34Dhs (almost US$10). So can't always expect to pamper myself so often:p
Basically, what so special about this briyani is... the rice is cooked in this claypot bowl, as seen in the picture, together with the ingredient and chicken (I ordered chicken, though they have mutton too, NO fish). Then covered over with this bread (or whatever this call) and together put inside the oven.

With such claypot bowl, even I ordered and brought back to hotel, estimated about 15 min later, the rice is still very hot. Damn shiok!!! The choice of chicken parts is what most chinese would like… dark meat and not the usual dry white meat:)

Will go back there again, but not so soon:)

No comments: