Hmmm... just moments ago, I suddenly felt like the earth is shaking. A very faint one. For a moment, I tot me is having some dizzy spell (again:p). So asked my colleagues and initially both of them say nothing... but couple of seconds later, some slightly shaking is felt again. This time, they felt it too. So confirm me not dizzy liow:p Out of curiosity, one of them went out of office and came back after a while, citing that there are a number of occupants came out from their office too and all felt a same.
Although after a while, all went back to office after the security guard goes around assurance everything it okay:) But this strikes me with a couple of tot...
1st... Southern Iran is prone to earthquake and searching through the net, their latest major quake, measured 6.1 on the scale just took place Nov 2007. Iran being just a close by neighbor to Dubai, the tremor could easily felt here. On the other hand, Dubai have no records (or at least I can't find anything on the net) of earthquake in the past. So this shaking that we felt, is it just a tremor??? Only later parts of the day or tomorrow, check out the news and we will know.
2nd... Is it a building quality issue? Because with the boom of building construction since the 90s, lots of buildings were build within short span of time. Not to doubts if the quality standard had compromise but a visible crack outside toilet wall was found just now. Not by me, but someone claim that this was never there before. Scary....
Imagine I am incline to search for an apartment of high floor, possibly by the sea too. Now I really have to think twice again. Because, any of the tot above do materialize, it spells trouble for me. If the combination of both, I am in deep shit:p
Btw, just a side note, this reminds me of the shake I experienced back in EOT time, over at MAS building:)
Although after a while, all went back to office after the security guard goes around assurance everything it okay:) But this strikes me with a couple of tot...
1st... Southern Iran is prone to earthquake and searching through the net, their latest major quake, measured 6.1 on the scale just took place Nov 2007. Iran being just a close by neighbor to Dubai, the tremor could easily felt here. On the other hand, Dubai have no records (or at least I can't find anything on the net) of earthquake in the past. So this shaking that we felt, is it just a tremor??? Only later parts of the day or tomorrow, check out the news and we will know.
2nd... Is it a building quality issue? Because with the boom of building construction since the 90s, lots of buildings were build within short span of time. Not to doubts if the quality standard had compromise but a visible crack outside toilet wall was found just now. Not by me, but someone claim that this was never there before. Scary....
Imagine I am incline to search for an apartment of high floor, possibly by the sea too. Now I really have to think twice again. Because, any of the tot above do materialize, it spells trouble for me. If the combination of both, I am in deep shit:p
Btw, just a side note, this reminds me of the shake I experienced back in EOT time, over at MAS building:)
No comments:
Post a Comment