Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mid Week

Over at this part of the world, they don't celebrate "Good Friday" and since Friday is already consider an weekend, so technically, we "lost" one public holiday liow:p I was told that some other office here will compensate their staff by giving Sunday off. This is the 2nd holiday off for them liow. In case you wonder cos during one of the holiday in Mar (I was away then), it was declared that the civil servant will go holiday on Sunday while the prvt sector will be on Sat... Weird Weird arrangement:p So the offices also compensated their staff on a Sunday off as well. From my colleague, the entire building then, only our office is in operation:p

Well... holiday or not, still pretty much the same for me. This weekend will be going to some makan brunch over at Marriot Hotel, so sort of looking forward to it, for the food and boozes (Meaning no driving allow). Hopefully, it will be a good chill off Friday for me:) But will always bear in mind, "Hope for the best, Prep for the worst."

That is what I have learnt being working in my previous organization. For anything we planned and we can plan all we want, but it is essential to prepare various contingencies as well. In a way, prepare for the worst possible scenarios to take place. Especially when "Murphy" is lurking around the corner somewhere at times. So this had been all the while my way of life. This goes very much in line with my hope vs expectation:p

I'm not sure if I am considered as an optimistic person or being pessimistic? :)

Whatever the case, just look towards Friday… and maybe Sat too:)

No comments: