Just hate the feeling of been cornered. Lately been receiving a number of mails from bosses, highlighted various performance across the region and I noticed that my region here is by far the worst performer. Am trying to figure out what exactly gone wrong here and currently, seriously doubting my own capacity. Not sure if I really make the mark at all.
And to make things worse, my guys been giving me a different set of headache. Indeed, I suppose to direct them what need to be done and put in place a certain system so to smoothen the process. But this can never get through to them. It like instruction is never been follows through. Task never completes in time. Procedures not adhere to.
Just some classic examples, while our performance is tagged to vessel utilization, so my team is suppose to minimize the downtime. Instruction to them is, when vessel call, attend to them immediately. And last night, I specifically instructed them to attend to one vessel but they only go onboard this morning, citing vessel not available and other crapshit, this resulted unnecessary downtime through the night. sigh~~~
Then my guy over in RT, everyday I have pushed for data, updates and follow up, In this case, a budget for a major repair. To date, I have not got anything concrete and 1 hour ago, just informed me is not possible to carry out the repair over at his place. Hence he had counter proposed to transfer it over to mine. NOW... this is wonderful because I only have 2 weeks to react and submit for approval, which is totally unacceptable by boss (He had previously INSTRUCTED me at least 1 month). Now I will have lot of answering to do.
Sigh... fully aware that I am answerable to management for the performance in this region and my guys so now I am really doubting myself of my capacity. Find myself been cornered by all and no where to go!!!
And to make things worse, my guys been giving me a different set of headache. Indeed, I suppose to direct them what need to be done and put in place a certain system so to smoothen the process. But this can never get through to them. It like instruction is never been follows through. Task never completes in time. Procedures not adhere to.
Just some classic examples, while our performance is tagged to vessel utilization, so my team is suppose to minimize the downtime. Instruction to them is, when vessel call, attend to them immediately. And last night, I specifically instructed them to attend to one vessel but they only go onboard this morning, citing vessel not available and other crapshit, this resulted unnecessary downtime through the night. sigh~~~
Then my guy over in RT, everyday I have pushed for data, updates and follow up, In this case, a budget for a major repair. To date, I have not got anything concrete and 1 hour ago, just informed me is not possible to carry out the repair over at his place. Hence he had counter proposed to transfer it over to mine. NOW... this is wonderful because I only have 2 weeks to react and submit for approval, which is totally unacceptable by boss (He had previously INSTRUCTED me at least 1 month). Now I will have lot of answering to do.
Sigh... fully aware that I am answerable to management for the performance in this region and my guys so now I am really doubting myself of my capacity. Find myself been cornered by all and no where to go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment