Saturday, August 22, 2009

Expensive skype

This afternoon, I may just had the most expensive skype session with wifey. For info, the skype lasted for 35min 54sec.

Background...
Going around with my new tech supt, inspecting a couple of vessels, highlighted a few things. Then get the two tech supt together to brief their respective TOR, blar blar blar. And by the time I had my secret lunch (cos ramandan, cannot eat openly), it already 2+pm. One more vessel to go and together with my new SI, proceed to inspect the last vessel but due to some unforeseen circumstance, the stays were extended and by the time we completed the vessel, it close to 3:40pm and I still need to drive my new SI back to apartment. By the time all these are done... 3:55pm

As I promised wifey to be online by 4:30pm & to achieve it with only 35min from my current position to shoot down to Dubai, it is impossible. Nevertheless... die die must try and minimize the impact. By the time I arrived in office and settled down, it 4:40pm liow & wifey not online yet.

Ability to arrive in location with only 10min "late" could only done by speeding:p Along the way, I may have just have my handsome face taken again by a speed camera, so that is potentially 600Dhs:)

So now, compute it by min, that is about a US$4.50/min of skype... which in the past, it free:p hahaha....

No comments: