Sunday, May 27, 2007

Another Thailand Trip

Once again… back from Thailand for outstation. There have been various enquiries from my friends with regards to my frequent trips to Thailand, some even have the idea that I do indeed have some hanky panky business trip aka alternate family there… Wonder if my missus’s family would be having the same idea as well. Hahaha…

Arrived on Sunday and straight to office, with the intention to start my job onboard, however, once knew that vessel would not depart till Tuesday morning, the idea of snake eating creeps in, so I thought my Sunday is more like a recharging session till the nxt day. BUT instead, was asked to join my colleagues for their very late dinner, 8pm here is like 9pm back in Singapore. Considering that my previous meal (snacking not included) was at Sg time 10+am, so almost die of hunger liowJ And as usual, the night nvr just end with dinner cos they still insist to go for drink and the company of 2 pretty ladies. Too bad for the language barrier, cos the 2 ladies whom were sitting with us, I could not communicate with them at all. So it sort of the leads to boredom on my end… and eventually boredom leads to sleepiness, but did not leaves till near midnite. Not very often, with the company of pretty gals that I will fall to zzz, but what to do when I can’t communicate with them. So my colleagues are proposing that I should pick up their language fast fast. In Singapore, we have “Longman” Dictionary but here, I was advice to pick up their language via their “LongHair” Dictionary, am sure you know what is “LongHair” dictionary.
This have been a rather fruitful trip, not just in the work aspect cos have also managed to achieve some personal objectives, though 1 particular objective is not within my control:p

1st of all, prior to this trip, my colleague been telling me about this very nice beef noodle thingy in Songkhla. It waits until the Thursday then I manage to tried it. Indeed it damn nice. The soup is so thick, and smell so nice and when the bowl of noodle is served to me, I already noe it one of it kind liow. Something sure can’t be found back home. That big bowl of beef noodle, plus extra toppings, meaning I have request to add more meats to it, all this for the price of S$2.00 (drinks included).

2nd objective, I have been telling myself to minimize my consumption of seafood, in particular crabs and prawns, when I’m here. So throughout the trip, even when going out meal with colleagues or others, where they usually goes for seafood, I have quietly sticks to only fish and vegetables. Then whenever not going meals with them, I manage to explore a few more eating place around Songkhla, thru the help of my colleague. I mean those eating push cart like in the area. Btw, just in case you wonders this place is very much like the Singapore of the 50s, according to my older colleague. So push cart and dirty drainage is very common, and eating around this area, as long as you are not fussy bout hygiene, then should not be a problem eating by the side of the road, else you just have to take it from the hotel & restaurant. So at least, I still feel bit bit better as compare to seafood:p Check out some of the place I went for my own makan session...



As mentioned, this place is like the S'pore of the 50s, and check out wat kids are still playing over there, "Zero Point":) For those whom are around my generation, am sure they know what I'm talking bout. No computer games, no gadget stuff. Just plain DIY toys for these kids. Check out the picture.
Just a string of rubber bands, and kids are ready for a game

The best of all achieved objective gotta be the Poolls lose out in the CL final… but gotta admit Milan might be a bit lucky with that. I mean prior to the 1st goal, it was all the reds. Statistic shows 5:1 shots on target, in favour the reds, until the last min of the 1st half, “Pipo” deflected that freekick and stunned Reina. But Milan 2nd goal was brilliant, a well timed pass, coupled with a well timed run, by who else but “Pipo” coolly struck the ball under the body of the oncoming goalie, that speaks a lot of his skill. Throughout the whole nite, he has been a nuisance to the reds defense. Overall, a win is a win, no matter how you win it… but in my case, it more like who they (Milan) win against toJ so reds… better luck next time:)

Evertonian…. Carsley and Stubb have signed another year of contract, they may be old, but they are the unsung hero of the blues!!! so REDS… watch out cos the 2 relative old men have destroyed Pools in EPL 06/07 in Goodison, am so looking forward to another season of Merseyside derby once more:)

No comments: