Saturday, August 18, 2007

Independence Day

It Jakarta National Independence Day today, but due to my work nature, I am still working in office here. So I “grab” someone along to join me as well:p It not like I did it on purpose lah, but cos the suppose vessel inspection is not possible as I can’t enter the authority compound, so have to reschedule all the plans for these 2 days.

Received an “invitation card” (the kind that slip through our door) from the hotel I stayed last nite, to attend to their flag raising ceremony this morning. But can’t really be bother with it. So came to office early morning but did caught a glimpse of the parade preparation:) Looks simple and fun too. Apparently, their celebration apart from the normal parade thingy, is in a form of a games day as well. People from all place will gather to participate in some games as their celebration. One of my colleague is suppose to participate in a “Human Domino”, but since he is joining me here in office, hence had to forego whatever plan he might had.

Students here are suppose to return to school today, but only half day in the morning, where they will attend a national day ceremony and also school had organized some games for them as well. So unlike what we have at home. All celebration is done 1 day prior to the national day.

Imagine getting all these student of ours to attend the parade back in school. 2 possible scenarios…

1st… No one would bother to attend:p
2nd… Parents cry fouls, and then complain to the relevant authority and get it publish on the papers!!!

No comments: