Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The begin of Ramadan

Likewise back home, Ramadan is the fasting month for the muslim. So being here in this part of the world, Ramadan just began a couple of days ago, officially, i think it 1 Sep and over the past few days, I learned a couple of "don't" during these period...

No.1,
Was told (Not sure the reliability of the source)that though I do not have to follow the fasting since me not a muslim, but it is NOT advisable to eat or drink during the daytime, especially in the presence of the muslim. In some more extreme case, I could get arrested for doing so, cos I would be term as a tempter, sinner to them. And my habit at time of eating, drinking while driving is a No-No now. Cos in the event that some other road user sees me doing so, they could actually take a pix of my handsome self and send it to authority for further processing... SCARY!!!

No.2,
There is a law that nobody is allow to work more than 6 hours a day during this period. Like what I mentioned previously, a memo was send out recently but dun think it possible. But becos the law dictate so, and should any "controller" who just pops into the office and see people working... the coy will kena fine, BIG fine. So that memo I suppose is meant to cover coy's arse:p So I was thinking, if there is any employee tak shiok wif coy, that mean he can call in to authority to complain and the coy will kena Big time liow:p A way to tekan the coy from a dissident employee:p

These are just a couple of things I learn so hopefully can find out more in days to come. Everyday learning something new:p

No comments: