Sunday, September 21, 2008

Launching

One of the new built was scheduled to launch over the wkend, Saturday to be precise. So meaning no rest again as it is a norm for owner to attend to it & my boss also went there too.

In view of the launch schedule, so we had arranged a comfy accommodation over at Fujairah on Friday instead. So on the day itself, after a lazy morning, I just packed up some basic stuff and off I go over to Hilton Fujairah Resort. Pretty nice place and really sets one into a relax mood:p Though I din really fancy their complimentary dessert (too sweet for my liking) but I still manage to finish it. Maybe cos have not eaten for the whole day, since it a Friday, and during this Ramadan period, everywhere is close.

The evening was great, makan with the guys and boss at the hotel seaside restaurant. Filled ourselves with food and drinks:p but at least din get myself wasted away. If only the weather could have been cooler, it would be better than the warm breeze.

The next day attended to the launching, and learned a couple of new ritual again. Since most of the workers are Indian, so there is a certain ritual need to be done prior to the launch. Like "Puja", offering place in the ship (at the bridge), praying for good luck. Then they also have this breaking of coconut. Not sure what it calls, but it suppose to symbolize the removal of obstacles and blessed with good fortune. All these are done when they just about to tow the boat out from the shade. And prior to the actual launching, the old English tradition of breaking the champagne is still carried out.

So I sure hope this boat have indeed be blessed with all these good luck and minimize all potential hassle, obstacles when she operate here for us:)

No comments: