The saying goes... Nobody plan to fail, but fail to plan. So in life, I have always make some extra effort to plan for almost everything.
Likewise for work, I always tend to plan ahead for myself and my guys, deploying them possibly 1 week in advance. Give out advice and instruction at the same time. Then almost on daily basis would ask for update and status. How ideal this would be....
But the fact that in reality, plans always tend to screw up on me. So far, for the past many months since I'm here. Every now and then, I will have some surprises, and it never pleasant. Example, yesterday, after repeated confirmation with my guy that the diving coy services had been secured for Thursday. And thereafter, I go promised my client that this will happen within the time frame, in order not to affect his ops requirement. But this afternoon, my guy called me up and informed that the diving coy would not be able to make it tomorrow, instead, they will only be able to do it on Friday. To make it worse, the extend of their job also increased, cos vessel reported some additional stuff which required their attendance. Which mean double screw up!!!
So right now, I am writing ANOTHER apology email to our client, highlighting the need to re-schedule the diving job and extent the numbers of hours needed. Don't think I will have a pleasant call from him tomorrow morning after he read the mail. Standing by for some Kaya session, I suppose:p
Damn!!! Screw up big time!!!
I LOVE THE CHALLENGE!!! I LOVE MY JOB!!!:)
Likewise for work, I always tend to plan ahead for myself and my guys, deploying them possibly 1 week in advance. Give out advice and instruction at the same time. Then almost on daily basis would ask for update and status. How ideal this would be....
But the fact that in reality, plans always tend to screw up on me. So far, for the past many months since I'm here. Every now and then, I will have some surprises, and it never pleasant. Example, yesterday, after repeated confirmation with my guy that the diving coy services had been secured for Thursday. And thereafter, I go promised my client that this will happen within the time frame, in order not to affect his ops requirement. But this afternoon, my guy called me up and informed that the diving coy would not be able to make it tomorrow, instead, they will only be able to do it on Friday. To make it worse, the extend of their job also increased, cos vessel reported some additional stuff which required their attendance. Which mean double screw up!!!
So right now, I am writing ANOTHER apology email to our client, highlighting the need to re-schedule the diving job and extent the numbers of hours needed. Don't think I will have a pleasant call from him tomorrow morning after he read the mail. Standing by for some Kaya session, I suppose:p
Damn!!! Screw up big time!!!
I LOVE THE CHALLENGE!!! I LOVE MY JOB!!!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment