Friday, December 19, 2008

Pressure???

As usual, scrambling through the day, trying to get things sort out. With the recent recruitment of my tech supt it seems like I am still pretty busy.

Consider he is still young, lack of experience (& he does reminds me of MJ), so I guess it part of the package when we employ him. But having said this, I am still have some level of expectation out of him, so since my return from States, I have sort of been pushing him, chase after him (daily basis), not yet screw him as I do not want to scares him away. Somehow, my colleague commented that I am over doing it.

Overdoing in pressurizing him. Pushing him too much. Stressing him out. However, I dun think so, because...

1. Instead of him updating me, I always have to call him to gather information.

2. To date, I am still receiving calls from vessel, seeking technical assistance. I tot I had been pushing these calls to him, cos I tot it good he gets more involve. BUT vessel told me after calling him, nothing moves, that why they call me??? Sigh...

3. Planning and deployment of manpower, while I expect him to do it, even after I told him to follow up, somehow things din happen on the ground. (Maybe that reflects at pt.1)

4. In our nature of the ops, dun think anyone have the luxury to sit down and learn slowly. If I allow him too much time to settle down, then I am getting myself into lot more problems, since my boss is also watching me as well.

I still din think I am over pressuring him:)

No comments: