Choice of words and art of communication with others in this profressional world... is it base on ones character or simply by to the years of experience under ones belt?
It sounds weird and doesn't make much sense... I know:) This question just popped into my head today especially after it happened to me today.
Background... I know of someone who seems to have a bit of challenge communicating with others, often resort to "shouting", "yelling" and at time, eventually "arguing". However, most of the time, the individual would re-defined this actions as scolding:)
There have been a couple of times I highlighted the non-necessity to resort to this method but kena blasted as well, citing no need for me to teach how it should be done since the individual indicated the years of experience and knowing how to "handle" these people. Ok... once, twice, so no point to voice up then. Assumed this is the experience based argument:)
Well... so what happened today??? The moment I picked up the phone, I was kena blasted, questioned on some issues... How come this??? why that??? Why I din do this? Why I did do that??? Then close it off telling me to do this & do that:) Now I am wondering, if experience, I would think I have slightly more, so how can the individual shout at me??? So I think it ought to be character "flaws":p
Just a side note, at the point of the time, I was driving one of my guy, whom came to assist in my warehouse set up. He was pretty "shock" to hear someone shouting from the other line:p
By the way, the shouting is not just through the phone, but "shouted" through the email correspond as well. There have been many incidents, resulting some pretty nasty mails flying around after that. At times, though it may not involve me, but I have been pushed to the front line to have direct corresponds with the opposite affected party just because the individual refuse to communicate with them further, citing various reasons. It ok, fine with me as well.
I suppose, the Art of Communication should be one of the KPI for all the people this year:)
It sounds weird and doesn't make much sense... I know:) This question just popped into my head today especially after it happened to me today.
Background... I know of someone who seems to have a bit of challenge communicating with others, often resort to "shouting", "yelling" and at time, eventually "arguing". However, most of the time, the individual would re-defined this actions as scolding:)
There have been a couple of times I highlighted the non-necessity to resort to this method but kena blasted as well, citing no need for me to teach how it should be done since the individual indicated the years of experience and knowing how to "handle" these people. Ok... once, twice, so no point to voice up then. Assumed this is the experience based argument:)
Well... so what happened today??? The moment I picked up the phone, I was kena blasted, questioned on some issues... How come this??? why that??? Why I din do this? Why I did do that??? Then close it off telling me to do this & do that:) Now I am wondering, if experience, I would think I have slightly more, so how can the individual shout at me??? So I think it ought to be character "flaws":p
Just a side note, at the point of the time, I was driving one of my guy, whom came to assist in my warehouse set up. He was pretty "shock" to hear someone shouting from the other line:p
By the way, the shouting is not just through the phone, but "shouted" through the email correspond as well. There have been many incidents, resulting some pretty nasty mails flying around after that. At times, though it may not involve me, but I have been pushed to the front line to have direct corresponds with the opposite affected party just because the individual refuse to communicate with them further, citing various reasons. It ok, fine with me as well.
I suppose, the Art of Communication should be one of the KPI for all the people this year:)
No comments:
Post a Comment