Friday, January 9, 2009

It Confirm!!!!

Slightly more than 2 months ago, we have employed an assistant for me. During this period, I have not seen any improvement nor output. Though I have given ample advice of his shortcoming and his area for improvement, but apparently all falls for the deaf ear.

Even the routine reporting I have instructed him to do, to date, nothing. Usually giving some pretty lame excuses when it not done properly. The other day, when I pushed him to submit some stuff, apparently the excel file he send, only have the tab name changed. I wonder if this is an insult to my intelligent or a genuine mistake that he forgot to update it because the data he submitted is my previous month data, NO change at all.

BUT today, is the last straw...

Our vessels have a habit of defect on weekend, and as usual, a vessel call me up this morning. Informing of their problem, so first instance, me just advice them on the corrective follow up, and get one of my guy to attend to it right away to see the extend of the deficiency. Well, In order to get him to familiarize our nature of operation in Fujairah and need to learn more on the "on the ground' troubleshooting, so me decided to send him there as well.

Call him... no answer

Send email... no respond

Send sms... only reply 2 hours later!!! And best of all, content of the message... he is in his brother place, he will go tomorrow instead.

WHAT IS THIS?!?

Consolidating all my guys feedback, including from those onboard the vessel, always complains that report to him, no respond. So I guess he is not suitable to carry on here. Therefore, I will CONFIRM not only that he will not be confirmed (he is still under probation) but he would have to leave.

Some guy who just don't have the passion or desire to learn & work at the same time, especially when young, is a really negative attitude. So I just have to let him go sooner rather than later.

No comments: