"Winter" is over and now the climate is back to norm, on an average of 37degC daily and likely no more rain till coming Nov or Dec. These days, I have sort of used to it and since I am in office most of the time. So it does not affect me much. BUT… just when I have sort of gotten used to the weather in UAE, here I am now in another land of sunshine.
Touched down this morning but only managed to get through the custom at 2+pm. Maybe because I been through such things a couple of times liow, so it din really bothers me. However, there is a Chinese fellow who seems pretty concern when he was told to wait at aside. Kena stuck is one thing but to have the passport held back is more scary:p Maybe becos overhearing me speaking mandarin (I was talking to my mum on the phone then) so he came over after I put down the phone. He does sound a bit concern. Wanting to know what is going on? Why the custom held back our passport. Why this, why that:) Well.. I could understand that cos when I first time kena like this, I also a bit bit worry. Especially where I was then:p
Having to reassure him nothing big deal and I've been here many times liow, then he sort of relax a bit bit. Can be a pretty scary experience when ones passport is held back in a land of language barrier:p End up after waiting for quite a while, then manage to get out of the airport. But it sure screws up all my plan and itinerary for the day. End up stuck in office to do some stuff instead.
Many more days to come, so will have to get use with the weather here soon:)
Monday, May 18, 2009
Arrived in the land of sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment