Been here for only 4 days but seriously feels that my BP is going up once more, for the various reasons...
Firstly, I have onboard a very good chef, who can whip up ant sort of cuisine, and especially he had been working in Sg for more than 10 yrs, so he knows a fair bit of Sg food. Over the past few days, me been makan a bit of Sg stuff, range from curry fish head, then Nasi lemak and my fav, Hainan Chkn Rice:p But I guess, most of the crew are used to eat high sodium stuff, so he didn't really go easy with the salt thingy and most of the time, my makan is accompanied with lots of water, attempting to wash out the salt.
So this is "good" reason that my BP might just goes up a bit bit:p
As for the "Shitty" reason of my BP escalation, all due to the incompetent, unprofessional and sucky yard personnel that I am dealing with on the daily basis.
Currently, two vessels are with them and based on my previous planning, one would need about 5 days while the other one would need only 1 day. Currently both vessels is still in their yard, though one just slipped off yesterday, and it had already ongoing for 14 days to date. The vessel that managed to get down into the water was after lot of highlighting, questioning, arguing but not yet fighting. I have to go all the way to their GM, to highlight my concern and reservation to send another vessel here. Especially with this sort of experience, I really doubt if all these guys really know what to do at all.
I mean over the past few days, simple jobs, takes unrealistically long time and resources to rectify or prepare. It a bloody waste of resource when a simple welding job, they have 4 guys, spend the past 3 days, asking questions, coming on site to check and when commencement of the job, 1 guy do the actual work and another 2 fellow holding the fire extinguisher, literally pointing at his welding.
Then on another incident, for removal of some equipment, they claim it can't be done and refuse to do it. Until we insist to carry out, we actually have to sign a disclaimer to indicate that should that equipment is defective upon removals, they would not be held responsible. Hahaha.... I was literally laughing at them. I told them straight in their face that they are incompetent and how can a yard of this scale to even have such incompetent people like them. It a disgrace to their company to said the least.
WTF these guys are thinking??? I had proposed to my boss to dock the next vessel else where but I am heading no where. Simply cos instruction is simple... he does not want the boat to get out of the country. And within this place, I only know two options. One which is not available until 2 weeks later, so no go. And another is this shitty place, so no choice!!! CASE CLOSE!!!
To think that I have to dock one more vessel with them, not sure how much pressure will build up again.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
BP creeping up once more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment