Hahaha.... just had a lesson learnt this afternoon while on my way from HFZ to Fujairah. This is my 3rd trip for the week as there are some ongoing happenings here and requires my attention, especially knowing the limitation of my guys.
Maybe the late nights recently is taking its tolls cos through the day, I got pretty tired easily. And especially having to drive 150km away is just making it worse. In order to get from point A to point B in shortest possible time, so just like what most drivers would do, I speed. On an average, I am going at 160km/h, even when going through those mountainous areas.
So what happen this afternoon, maybe I am getting really tired, yawning throughout the drive, at times almost dozing off and do aware that I am not as alert as I should be. What happen then… while negotiate a bend somehow I notice my car did not react to what it should be. Finding myself already halfway into the adjacent lane, me step the brake harder, resulting the car sort of skid off a fair bit. By the time the car did manage to get round the bend, I can see myself pretty close to the edge of the road side, a descend slope of about 3-5m.
It not a cliff, but could imagine should the car did get off the edge the possibility of the car to flip is pretty high. Whew.... so glad I am still alive writing here:p
Lesson learnt... if tired, just sleep. So what I'm late... since late is always better than never and not worth to lose my life over work at all:p
Maybe the late nights recently is taking its tolls cos through the day, I got pretty tired easily. And especially having to drive 150km away is just making it worse. In order to get from point A to point B in shortest possible time, so just like what most drivers would do, I speed. On an average, I am going at 160km/h, even when going through those mountainous areas.
So what happen this afternoon, maybe I am getting really tired, yawning throughout the drive, at times almost dozing off and do aware that I am not as alert as I should be. What happen then… while negotiate a bend somehow I notice my car did not react to what it should be. Finding myself already halfway into the adjacent lane, me step the brake harder, resulting the car sort of skid off a fair bit. By the time the car did manage to get round the bend, I can see myself pretty close to the edge of the road side, a descend slope of about 3-5m.
It not a cliff, but could imagine should the car did get off the edge the possibility of the car to flip is pretty high. Whew.... so glad I am still alive writing here:p
Lesson learnt... if tired, just sleep. So what I'm late... since late is always better than never and not worth to lose my life over work at all:p
No comments:
Post a Comment