Saturday, August 1, 2009

A "Good" week

I suppose, in general, this week had been pretty "fun". Lot of happening in work which is quite usual but a slight variation includes lot of booze too:p

Started the week with my laptop crashed on me... of cos not literally. And the IT guy is having trouble recovering the data. After 1 week of trying and troubleshooting, I just got back my "brand new" laptop. Apart of the casing that remains the same, the HDD is a brand new one now, without any data. So in short all my years of reports and update had gone. Ok, this is the lousy one... Part 1

Then, on the work front… delays after delays, I still have not gotten the client to come onboard the vessel for his final inspection, this resulted me a fair bit of answering needed to my boss:) & this is just one of the few hiccups on the work... Part 2

And on another matter, just feels like I should stop or at least minimize doing certain things since it had been pretty much one sided to date. So that is pretty sucky feeling too... Part 3.

Amid all these lousy stuffs, the highlight of the week gotta be Erik & Elaine presence here in UAE. Coming here to assist and advice on the work processes, also meeting up the guys and yard on some initiative, these went pretty well in general. While the first few nites, I cld only zzz at 4+am due to the need to rush some reports. BUT the last couple of nites, after work, it party time. Makan and boozes are the order of the day. Always great to have drinking kakis (rather than drinking alone) and so end up I could not drive back to apt and zzz in the hotel instead:p All the drinks and tcss is really helping me to take my mind off from certain things. Catching up with all the happenings back in Sg and updates about the gals as well:)

I suppose, it general, this week had been a good week for me:)

No comments: