Being away for one entire month cos of a deliberated radio silence. Over the last one month, I have chosen to isolate myself, trying to re-think, re-group, re-organize & re-priorities things that are ongoing, in term of work and personal thingy. I have found myself loosing focus, and somehow feeling frustrated with many things.
Throughout the month, there had been a lot of happening as well, from my trip to Iran to oversee some adhoc repair, then came a shock where all engine were removed from one of the vessel here and me scrambling for spares, then following that is the visits of my big boss, whom had been rather disappointed how things are going on here.
Well... must admit, things had not been smooth and only finding comfort chatting online with friends and family, my only means of "de-stressing". Everyday is a drag and just a couple of days ago, during a meeting, my boss was saying something like if someone is screwing up thing and he/she will be on a 1 way ticket back home. Hahaha... at that instance, I was looking at him and smiling broadly. I suppose that is the sign he ought to catch it
The whole month I had been thinking real hard on how to overcome all these frustration and have sort of came to a simple conclusion.... Zero Expectation equate with Zero pressure/stress.
This is most applicable for all matters, from personal to work. Zero expectation does not mean lowering my standard, but just leave things as it is. I mean I can plan so much, do so much, but if Murphy chose to come visit me, no point for me to get frustrated over it. As previously mentioned, there are 10% within our control & 90% is not, so I just have to go easy on myself.
On another 10/90 theory, recently, me just came across a 10% but too bad, this might not last too long, so will have to search for another 10% instead soon:p
Throughout the month, there had been a lot of happening as well, from my trip to Iran to oversee some adhoc repair, then came a shock where all engine were removed from one of the vessel here and me scrambling for spares, then following that is the visits of my big boss, whom had been rather disappointed how things are going on here.
Well... must admit, things had not been smooth and only finding comfort chatting online with friends and family, my only means of "de-stressing". Everyday is a drag and just a couple of days ago, during a meeting, my boss was saying something like if someone is screwing up thing and he/she will be on a 1 way ticket back home. Hahaha... at that instance, I was looking at him and smiling broadly. I suppose that is the sign he ought to catch it
The whole month I had been thinking real hard on how to overcome all these frustration and have sort of came to a simple conclusion.... Zero Expectation equate with Zero pressure/stress.
This is most applicable for all matters, from personal to work. Zero expectation does not mean lowering my standard, but just leave things as it is. I mean I can plan so much, do so much, but if Murphy chose to come visit me, no point for me to get frustrated over it. As previously mentioned, there are 10% within our control & 90% is not, so I just have to go easy on myself.
On another 10/90 theory, recently, me just came across a 10% but too bad, this might not last too long, so will have to search for another 10% instead soon:p
No comments:
Post a Comment