Recently, me watched a reality game show, named "The Moment of Truths". For those who have no idea what is this, here how it goes...
Selected contestant will take some lie detector test prior to the game proper. 50 questions had been asked and only 21 questions will be send for the game proper. On the gameday, contestant will sit under the limelight, accompanied by their close one, usually I see it the partner, family and "best" friend. For US$500K, the contestant will subject to a series of nerve racking, tie breaking, potential love shattering questionings.
While I guess these may just be some show stunts in order to push up the viewership since some of the questions are really personal and private which I never thought possible to be asked in the first place. I have only watch a couple of episodes since I'm back here in Sg and it also does puzzles me how one can go to such extent to earn this sort of money and risk breaking out with the family and loved ones??? It like these personal darkest secret of their own had now be publicly exposed, not just to their loved one but to the entire audiences. Is it worth it?
I agreed couples have their own "little" dark secret, so it is possible we may not have told our partner EVERYTHING cos especially if these are things of the past and knowing it will not happen now or in future. And also no one else knows about it, so we can bring it to the grave and no one get hurts knowing it at all. Maybe some will term me as escapist, but some time ignorance is a bliss. What you won't know, won't hurt:)
Wonder if Singapore to host such a show, would you dare to take parts?
Sidenote: This show reminds me of "Temptation Island", another reality game show:p
No comments:
Post a Comment