Thursday, April 17, 2008

Multi Tasking...

These days, due to the serious lack of manpower or rather the never ending yet ever increasing list of defects that is happening, all the guys are deployed all around the place (of cos, that if they stick to my plan), so even myself, as mentioned before have to go on the ground to work the shit out!!!

Recently, I have just taken up a new role too... I am a driver cum dispatch as well. Cos that bloody taxi driver, whom had picked up my guy from Ras Al Khaimah and suppose to bring him to Al Jadaf port, but end up bring him only to the Dubai airport. Then my guy also damn suah... took another taxi at the airport, intend to continue his journey but end up... in another port. And I happen to be at that location with a service engineer onboard attending to another defect, and bopain, I need my guy to attend to the defect at Al Jadaf, so myself end up becoming the driver for him to bring him there.

Or another occasion, I got spares ready in supplier workshop, but they not available to send it to location, so end up me go pick up myself and deliver to my guys. Guess must review my appt here liow:p

I suppose the challenge in this area for us, is cos of the different state that we need to covers, and vessels berth at various ports, so end up it always stretches the guys. Unilke other region, where workshop is right beside the port, so attendance to the defect might be much easier. but me not gonna take this as an excuse, so gotta find some better way to work out the entire flow, so I can make my life easier here as way:)

Tomorrow, me will be traveling another couple of hundred km again... this time round, to Fujairah:)

No comments: