Friday, May 16, 2008

Chronology of the day

Not exactly my idea of spending the rest of my working hour on a Thursday in such manner...

A bit of background, we need to get some equipment out of the port and to send to repairer to follow up, so after removing from vessel and the story goes...

2pm... Repairer say they completed removing from vessel, now want to go out but kena stuck. So call me for settle it. So me call up agent to seek assistance, but agent say over here in this particular port, only repairer to do so. Agent dun do clearance. So me link up both of them to talk to each other to resolve this.

3pm... Till now still not settle, as both parties not gonna do anything. Insisting the other party to do it. SO take the matters in my own hand, drive 20km away (not too far), go through the paperwork. Go to their office A, to get some things done. Refer to counter B then C, then A again, then B, then counter C... I lost count here... check, check and check. Btw, the time now is already 6:30pm.

Stamped and ok... Go!!!.

WAIT... driver kena stuck b4 he can get out... What happen???

7:30pm... back to custom again, clear here, clear there, refer to here, refer to there... Again another rounds of check & inspection...

9:45pm... driver called me and tell me off... saying I am wasting his time. Threaten to unload the goods and goes off. Bopian cos I need to get the things out, so nicely talk to him, ask him to wait for a while longer. Btw, I am the customer.

10:15pm... Finally, parts is out, driver on his way to workshop and I made my way back to office.

Surprisingly, throughout the whole episode, I did not burst out my temper. Not becos I am cool but I am trying to keep my cool. So of cos, there are times when I am really feel like collapsing liow due to the overwhelming pressure/ frustration & anger within me. It is boiling in there, but I have somehow manage to control it from having it full blown and would possibly mess up the whole things.

Well, there was a while I really ready to snap actually, cos the feeling in there is pushing me. But luckily me went to the car, sit in there, called my wifey, so I suppose just by hearing her voice, have sort of cool me off a bit and relieve some of the pressure from inside.

Not sure how long I can go through this...

No comments: