Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another first...

Hahaha... I have achieved another first here in Dubai.

In between a hectic day of work on a Saturday (macham like a Sunday in Sg), I have met another traffic incident. Not accident. It all happens when I'm on my way to office, after attending to a vessel and just a side note... was onboard trying to convince some "jerk", whom till now, seem to be some living thing from outer space. Anyway, along the way, suddenly the truck in front of me have something drop off from his aft, unable to switch lane or jam brake (& risk someone kissing my butt again? No way), so run over this "thing".

Next thing I know, some thing weird with the steering, forced the car to move to the road shoulder, just slightly ahead. AND I found this....
If you look carefully, it not 1, but 2 punctured tires:p and I only have 1 spare tire onboard.
Sigh... So while I was doing my first tire change in UAE, under the scorching heat of 42 degC, what an experience:p Asked my colleague whom was previously onboard for assistance, and came over to pick the 2 punctured tires and send for repair BUT was told not repairable, so end up bought 2 new tires, 840AED in total. Hopefully, it claimable:p

First tire change & first tire I buy:) Not "bad" for a Saturday afternoon.

No comments: