Monday, July 21, 2008

This just the beginning

The heat is getting unbearable. Just look at this picture... it 11pm at night, and the ambient temperature out there is 37 degC. Not even the daytime in Sg could hit this temp, let alone late night. The humidity at night is pretty bad as well, making the air stuffy and uncomfortable. So you can imagine what day time is like here... and this is only the beginning cos Aug is always the hottest period in this part of the world, so I would just have to endure for a few more months, until it cools off in late Oct onward.

In case you wonder why am I out so late at night? Actually I was on my way back from 1 of the vessel, just nearby my office area. Cos my guy reported some issue and seek for my presence. I was in office when he called, and after returning from vessel, back to office to continue my update. An update I promised my boss that die die I must complete before his meeting with the big big bosses:p

Because today was another hectic day, trying to fulfill some unreasonable demands from someone, scrambling for information. However, mid day through, got some pleasant surprise... my bosses are helping us to exert pressure on "them" so may eventually not to meet their demand after all. Hopefully, it pulls through.

That was the only pleasant thing happened today, other than that, the usual stuff (but not really frequent) once again becomes a driver cum delivery man. This time round, went to pick up some document from vessel. And all these attending to vessel and making all those phone calls & coordination, resulted I am here in office to catch up the paperwork. Not like I have much choice, but I guess things never been smooth for me. So I just have to live with it and struggle through. Still trying to look on the bright side of the shit here.

No comments: