Bukit Merah = Red Hill, (direct translation) but this make sense, due to some legendary story of the place.
But then, Bukit Timah = Tin Hill... I have not heard any story of this place or neither did I know if this hill has tin.
Then if Bukit (in malay), is a translation for "Hill", then why do they call it Bukit Timah Hill instead of Timah Hill? I mean isn't it when translation, it like like Tin Hill Hill.
Well... just something damn random:)
But then, Bukit Timah = Tin Hill... I have not heard any story of this place or neither did I know if this hill has tin.
Then if Bukit (in malay), is a translation for "Hill", then why do they call it Bukit Timah Hill instead of Timah Hill? I mean isn't it when translation, it like like Tin Hill Hill.
Well... just something damn random:)
No comments:
Post a Comment